UH PRESIDENTIAL HOME GOES ON BIDDING BLOCK

by Meagan McGovern

Economic times must be tough -- even the president of UH has his house up for sale. Melcher House, which was given to UH for use by the president, was put on the market last weekend.

There are a variety of reasons for selling the house, said UH System Chancellor Alex Schilt. "Increasingly, UH presidents don't want to live in UH housing." UH President James Pickering doesn't live in Melcher House -- he owns his own home.

Schilt said the house, donated by LeRoy Melcher, lately has proved to be a liability rather than an asset. He said in the past, presidents liked living in Melcher House, but during the recent presidential search, the house proved to be problematical.

Pickering said he is in favor of the house being sold. "The house is empty," he said. "Right now, it's just a bunch of expenses for maintenance that we just don't have to have."

Marguerite Barnett was the last UH president to live in Melcher House. Pickering became president when Barnett died last winter.

Most UH presidents would rather receive a housing allowance than live in pre-arranged housing, said Schilt. The presidents of other UH campuses, such as UH-Clear Lake, receive such allowances. "It's reflective of a new trend," said Schilt.

Schilt said the Board of Regents decided that Wortham House, where the chancellor lives, would accommodate official entertainment functions. Schilt, who lives in Wortham House, said "in these difficult and tight financial times," consolidation is the best route.

Pickering mentioned tight financial times as well. "It's in keeping with the reshaping," he said, referring to UH's current effort to streamline and cutback expenses. "What are our priorities? Can we afford to keep a house empty and pay for the upkeep and maintenance?

"We can consolidate entertainment into one place," said the president. "We can utilize Wortham House and the campus, rather than keep up a big place."

Pickering will be president until August 1994, which means Melcher House would have remained empty for at least the next two years.

The income from the sale will be placed in a "quasi-endowed" account, said Vice-Chancellor Edward Whalen.

Although Whalen said the money will be in unrestricted funds, Schilt said the money will be put into an endowed account used to support UH presidents "in terms of representational work," which means entertainment on behalf of the university.

*******************************************************

JESSE JACKSON SOLICITS STUDENT'S VOTES

Seizing the opportunity to appeal to young Texas voters, Rev. Jesse Jackson urged UH students to strengthen the tottering structure of this country by voting for Bill Clinton.

"We need healing and we need rebuilding. The source of that strength must come from you," said Jackson, who serves as a District of Columbia delegate to the Senate and who has twice tossed his hat into the ring for the presidency.

In two informal speeches, delivered at the UC Arbor and on the Texas Southern University campus Sunday, he stirred up the crowds -- about 200 people at each appearance.

Jackson, considered a major force in the Democratic Party, founded The Rainbow Coalition, a group comprised of various ethnicities. The casual slacks and leather jackets he once donned have been replaced by business suits. Many remember the photograph taken during Martin Luther King's funeral procession, which shows a younger Jackson taking his place behind the slain leader's coffin.

Jackson did not resist the temptation to discredit President George Bush and Vice President Dan Quayle. "Our families come apart. Once our families' needs have been undercut, then they talk down to us about family values," he said. "It's time for a change."

In his attack on Republicans, Jackson spoke about what he considers the failures of an anti-big government administration.

"Look around us today. The central theme in our country is pain," he said. "Ten million Americans are unemployed, one in 10 is on food stamps, plants are closing, jobs are leaving and U.S. government money is used to subsidize the export of jobs out of this country."

Jackson also criticized Bush for claiming he was "out of the loop" with regards to the Iran-Contra affair.

"Bush knew in detail about Irangate and Iraqgate. He says he was not in the loop, well he's right," said Jackson, preparing the enthusiastic supporters for one of his trademark one-liners. "He was not in the loop, he's in the soup and we're going to turn up the heat."

As he campaigned on behalf of Clinton, Jackson seemed at ease assuming a role less visible than the roles he had in former Massachusetts Gov. Michael Dukakis' and former Vice President Fritz Mondale's campaigns in 1988 and 1984.

"Don't make the mistake of saying there's no difference between Clinton and Bush," he told a standing audience assembled at TSU.

"Bill Clinton stands for raising the minimum wage for working people; he stands for on-site same day (voter) registration; he stands for equal rights and choice for women, universal day care for working women and children, the wealthy paying their fair share of taxes, foreign corporations and American corporations paying their fair share of taxes, cutting the military budget without cutting defense.

"Don't let this moment pass. This vote is about more scholarships, it's about more aid, less tuition and fewer student loans," Jackson told the UH crowd. "It's about educating young America. It's about hope."

COLLEGE REPUBLICANS, DEMOCRATS DEBATE GULF WAR, HEALTH CARE

by Channing King

Amid the cheering and jeering, the College Democrats and College Republicans locked horns Thursday night in an attempt to garner votes for their candidates.

The debate, sponsored by the Settegast and Taub Hall Resident Assistants, attracted 50 people to Oberholtzer Hall Ballroom.

Each of the two four-member debate squads spent the hour alternately attacking their opponents' candidate while defending their own.

Dr. Richard Murray, UH political science professor serving as moderator for the debate, asked questions written on slips of paper by the audience. The questions focused on foreign policy, health care and civil and human rights.

When confronted with the U.S. financial backing of Iraq's military buildup, Republican Robert Fugarino, a sophomore political science major, defended Bush.

"It was hard to judge how Saddam Hussein would act," said Fugarino. "The president just did his best."

"Bush is the quarterback who just won your team the Super Bowl and now you want to replace him with a rookie," he added

Joel Helmke, a senior psychology major on the Democratic panel, said the administration ignored Hussein's use of mustard gas on his own people.

"People we know died because of Bush's lack of foresight," said Helmke. Clinton has experience with foreign policy and can see both sides of the issue without limiting himself to black and white, he said.

Albert Chen, a Republican junior majoring in economics, prompted laughter from the audience when he said most Americans are happy with their health care, which he said is not a right.

"If people are happy," responded Tom Snyder, "why is it an issue this year?" Medical care costs are rising faster than incomes, said Snyder, a freshman English major.

Jeff Fuller, a senior journalism major, proclaimed the Republican Party as the party for women and minorities.

"When Susan B. Anthony first registered to vote," said Fuller, "she registered Republican."

T.J. Bazzoon, a freshman majoring in biochemistry, said when residents from Los Angeles' riot-torn areas were asked on <i> Nightline<p> what the government is doing for them, "they said 'nothing.' "

NEW ETHNIC DRAMA GROUP GIVES LOCAL PLAYWRIGHTS EXPOSURE

by Hermina Frederick

Rarely does a theater company not make its debut on a shoe-string budget.

In honor of playwright Langstone Hughes, UH Assistant Professor Elizabeth Brown-Guillory named her budding ethnic drama group The Houston Suitcase Theater (THST).

Like Hughes' Suitcase Theater, they also operate on a shoestring budget, she said.

"We intend to be a forum for students to express ethnic situations in drama and poetry," Brown-Guillory said.

THST formed last spring when a group of English majors decided to pool their talents in acting, playwriting and poetry to promote ethnic theater on campus. They put together a 12-member executive committee and an external advisory board of community leaders. Since that time, the group has enlisted 70 members.

"I am interested in playwriting because it is a good way to get my plays exposed," said Travis-Jon Mader, a senior English major and assistant director of THST.

Under Brown-Guillory's guidance, THST members are constantly busy hosting poetry and novel reading sessions. The group also attends theater performances and other cultural events.

The group is currently preparing to launch Elizabeth Brown-Guillory's latest play, <i>Just A Little Mark<p> , which makes its debut November 4 at UH Cullen Performance Hall.

<i>Just A Little Mark<p> tells the story of a young, emotionally disturbed medical doctor who enlists the help of a psychologist to find healing for repressed fears. Tamara Conner, a junior English major, captures the plot for the lead character, Caroline, as she exclaimed "I woke up one morning and I was on top of the world, and the next morning I was afraid to go outside! "

"This is the best play I have written," Brown-Guillory said. "The students have taken to this play and made a commitment to it."

At its final showing Nov. 8, THST plans to collaborate with UH Honors College Urban Theater in the Ebony Ivory Project that will showcase Bill Munrow's production, <i>Primary Care<p> and <i>Just a Little Mark<p> .

The extravaganza ends with a panel discussion which includes: Douglas Turner Ward, New York playwright and director; Whitney Le Blanc, Hollywood T.V. producer; and playwright Eileen Morris, artistic director for the Ensemble and Romanus Muoneqe and TSU visiting professor. Panelists for UH Honors College Urban Theater are Thomas R. Cole and Jan de Hartog.

Proceeds from the play will go to help purchase books for three inner city schools, Brown-Guillory said.

THIST will host an ethnic theater festival in the spring featuring a playwriting contest. The winner will be chosen for production in April, Brown-Guillory said.

COUGARS LOSE NAIL-BITER 45-38

AUSTIN -- The Cougars had more total offense against Texas than any other team in the Longhorns' 100-year history, but still lost the game 45-38 Saturday at Memorial Stadium.

The Cougars mounted a monumental comeback late in the first half, but fell victim as the Longhorns mounted a comeback of their own to win the game late in the second half in front of 66,038 fans.

Texas jumped out to a 28-0 lead with 9:12 left in the first half, but Houston refused to roll over.

The Cougars roared back, allowing the Longhorns only a field goal during a 30-minute period in which they scored 38 points.

Houston quarterback Jimmy Klingler, who took over for starter Donald Douglas on the Cougars' fourth possession, turned in the best performance by a UH quarterback this season.

Klingler finished the day 24 of 49 for 464 yards and five touchdowns.

"Jimmy showed a lot of maturity," Jenkins said of Klingler, who led the comeback. "I couldn't ask for a better effort."

However, Klingler was dejected after the loss and hanessed some of the blame on himself.

"I have to get better," Klingler said. "I made a lot of mistakes, like throwing them the winning touchdown." Klingler threw three interceptions and fumbled a snap on his first play from scrimmage.

Superback Lamar Smith turned in his best performance of the season, rushing for 159 yards on 19 carries.

Jenkins said Smith was instrumental in opening up the passing game.

"He was like a rolling ball of butcher knives," Jenkins said.

The big play for the Cougars was a screen where the quarterback looks to one side of the field and quickly fires the ball to a receiver on the other side.

Jenkins said he noticed some weaknesses in the Longhorn defense during the first quarter and made adjustments that included the screen pass.

Though the Longhorns came back to tie the game at 38 on a 37-yard touchdown strike from quarterback Peter Gardere to Mike Adams, Houston looked in good shape with possession of the ball and just under five minutes left in the game.

But the Cougars went to the well one time too many as Texas defensive end Norman Watkins stepped directly between Cougar receiver Keith Jack and quarterback Jimmy Klingler and grabbed the attempted screen. He raced 24 yards to the endzone to put the 'Horns ahead 45-38.

Once again, Houston lost a game while posting superior numbers. The Cougars had 733 total yards compared to the 'Horns 483.

But Jenkins, as usual, said the Cougars should have done more on offense.

"You have to score enough to win," Jenkins said. "We didn't do that."

With 9:12 left in the first half, the Longhorns capped off a 28-0 run as Peter Gardere connected with receiver Kenny Neal in the left side of the endzone. However, TV replay showed that Neal clearly went out of bounds, came back in, and then caught the ball with both feet out of bounds.

On the Cougars' next possession, quarterback Jimmy Klingler marched the Cougars 80 yards on seven plays and connected with receiver Daniel Adams on a 32-yard scoring strike to put the score at 28-7.

On the next possession, Klingler took Houston from the UH 24. He capped off the drive with a one-yard floater to Sherman Smith in the back corner of the endzone.

The Longhorns failed to advance the ball on their next possession and were forced to punt. The snap sailed over the head of punter Kelly McClanahan and Tyler Mucho grabbed the ball in the back of the endzone. However, the officials ruled Mucho out of bounds and the Cougars were awarded two points instead of six, putting the score at 28-16.

With 1:02 left in the first half, the Cougars drove from their own 38 to the Longhorn 32, but time expired and UT took a 12-point lead into the second half.

Houston received the kickoff to start the second half and Klingler threw an interception on the first play of the drive. Texas took over at the Houston 42.

The Longhorns failed to advance and were forced to settle for a 52-yard field goal by Scott Szerdy.

With 2:08 left in the third quarter, Klingler capped off a 78-yard drive with a 38-yard strike to Freddie Gilbert to pull closer at 31-23.

Gilbert had 189 yards receiving on seven catches. Sherman Smith led the team with eight catches for 121 yards.

On Houston's next possession, Klingler took the team 84 yards down field and connected with Donald Moffett on a 35-yard scoring play. Daniel Adams caught the two-point conversion, and the game was tied at 31.

Peters scored on the screen on the Cougars' next possession to put the Cougars ahead 38-31.

After Texas came back to tie the game at 38, the Houston screen play again went for a touchdown. This time for the Longhorns, as Watkins, a converted linebacker, got the pick and ran for the decisive score.

Klingler once again drove the offense down the field on their next possession. After Klingler took Houston from its own 20 to the Longhorn 21, Klingler fired four straight times into the endzone.

One was caught by Gilbert, but it was ruled incomplete as the ball jarred loose when Gilbert hit the ground. The other was caught by Adams, but the official ruled him out of bounds.

The Cougars had one more chance to score with 1:21 left and possession of the ball at their own 39. But a holding call and an interception snuffed Houston's hopes for another comeback.

Jenkins left no question as to whether he would have taken an extra point to tie or a two-point conversion to win had the Cougars been able to score.

"I play to win."

GRIDIRON NOTEBOOK

by Jason Luther

AUSTIN -- All Memorial Stadium needed was a big top in the Cougars' 45-38 loss to Texas Saturday. The game had all the other aspects of a circus.

Consider this: The 1,216 total yards were the most ever amassed in a Texas game -- the most in 100 seasons of Longhorn history. There was a two-yard kickoff by Houston kicker Chris Maraviglia. "Bevo" the castrated bull was there in all his glory.

But it was the zebras that took center stage.

It was one of the most exciting and hardest fought SWC battles in recent history. Each team rose to the challenge and each player battled to the end.

But the officials blew it.

Although bad calls were evident on both sides, the scales were overwhelmingly tipped in Texas' favor.

There was the fourth-and-one where Houston quarterback Jimmy Klingler rushed 29 yards for the first down, while stepping out of bounds three times. But Klingler had already earned the first down and didn't step out until he had already gained 15 yards.

But there was a 26-point swing in Texas' favor on marginal calls.

There was the interception that Texas defender Joey Ellis caught out of bounds to set up the Longhorns' first score.

There was the touchdown that put Texas up 28-0. Kenny Neal got lost on the sideline, tripped over the pylon at the goal line (the pylon was out of bounds) came back in, caught the ball, landed on his right foot (out of bounds) and dragged his other foot (out of bounds). The official ruling: touchdown, of course.

John Brown, who defended the play, was judiciously kind.

"I don't know whether he was in or out, but it looked to me like his foot was on the line."

In case you didn't know, on the line is out of bounds.

That play contrasted nicely with Freddie Gilbert's apparent touchdown reception late in the game, that would have tied the score at 45.

Gilgert jumped in the air as the ball wedged securely between his hands. As Gilbert pulled the ball from over his head into his body, gravity pulled Gilbert back to earth. Gilbert happened to meet the earth right where the ball met his body. The ball popped loose. The official ruling: touchdown. Then: no touchdown. Then: touchdown. And finally: no touchdown.

"It looked to me like he caught the ball," said quarterback Jimmy Klingler, who threw the pass.

Cougars Coach John Jenkins said he was more concerned with the indecision of the officials than the call. "You need to make a decision," he said. "There were some other calls that I am disturbed about."

If you didn't watch the game, I know you're thinking, "No more, please!"

But there is more.

As the Cougars cut halfway into UT's 28-0 lead, the Longhorns' deep snapper let one fly on an attempted punt. It was a deep snap -- from the 36-yard line into the endzone. Houston's Tyler Mucho rushed into the endzone and grabbed the ball securely as his momentum carried him out of the back of the endzone. Official ruling: no touchdown.

Mucho was not so judicious.

"I rolled out of the endzone with the ball. I had it in my arms. The official first said something about it being an incomplete pass."

An incomplete pass! Mucho could be mistaken, but if he's not, there's something wrong -- unless the official figured the snapper was trying to pass the ball to Bevo somewhere across the track.

Bad calls happen because officials are human. But they're supposed to even out. If just one of those calls went Houston's way, the score would have been tied or Houston would have won.

But not one of those marginal calls went Houston's way. And Jenkins didn't particularly like the way the Zebra's got so much attention at Saturday's circus in Austin.

But he wasn't envious.

"I would have hated to have those stripes on."

KLINGER COMES HOME

by Keith Rollins

Ex-Cougar quarterback David Klingler returned to the Astrodome Sunday for the first time as a Cincinnati Bengals player.

Another ex-Cougar, Houston Oiler linebacker Lamar Lathon, greeted his old teammate fittingly.

"Welcome back to the House of Pain, Klingler," Lathon said after the Oilers beat the Bengals 24-10.

Although Klingler didn't play, Houstonians, who remembered the young QB's past success in the Astrodome, cheered on the Bengals' first round pick when his name was announced.

"It's great to be back at the home stadium, I got a lot of good memories here. It looks like the run-and-shoot still works pretty good in this building," Klingler said referring to the Oilers dominant offensive play.

There has been speculation that the passing specialist, who set 51 NCAA records while at Houston, may start or play more in the weeks to come due to Bengal's QB Boomer Esiason's poor performance this season.

Klingler received more repetitions in practice, but still has not totally adjusted to David Shula's Bengal offense.

"I'm working on it, but it's not at the point where it is coming like second nature, like it was with the run-and-shoot, and that's how you would like to have it out there playing," Klingler said.

When the Bengals surprisingly traded up in last year's spring draft to pick Klingler as the sixth player taken overall, there was little doubt that a commitment was made by the franchise to include him in its future. And a message to incumbent starter Esiason was conveyed, too.

It was simple. Cincinnati would stick with Esiason as starter for a couple more years while Klingler could learn and mature, then the QB duties would change.

But in a scenario twist, Esiason has actually done worse this season than any other time in his career. He's rated dead-last among the league's starting quarterbacks and the Bengals have lost their last five in a row.

If Klingler could step in and jump start an offense that led the league in total yardage in 1988, the Bengal brain trust would have to hurry their plans a bit, but still end up with the same outcome.

Cody Carlson, back-up to Warren Moon for the last seven years, understands Klingler's peculiar situation. Baylor's all-time total offense leader, Carlson, began his career and still is slated behind one of the premier QBs in the league with Moon. But unlike Klingler, Carlson has never heard his name tossed around as a possible replacement for the top position.

"He's going to have to learn patience, and definitely mature. There's not much he can do about the situation except for when he gets his shot and takes advantage of it," Carlson said.

Ex-Cougar players and coaches were abundant at the Dome on Sunday.

The Oilers drafted Lathon two years ago as their number-one pick. Defensive lineman Glenn Montgomery changed teams, but not cities in 1989. Joining him on the line, is free-agent Craig Veasey.

Jack Pardee was the Cougar Head Coach before donning Columbia Blue and Oiler Defensive Coordinator Jim Eddy used to do his unique signal calling on the Cougar sidelines.

Besides Klingler, the Bengals also hold the rights to former Cougar superback, Ostelle Miles.

Most of the Southwest Conference was also represented.

Texas A&M's Ray Childress is on the Oilers, as is former quarterback Bucky Richardson.

Houston's newly acquired free agent, Jerry Gray, and offensive lineman, Doug Dawson, played as Texas Longhorns in the collegiate ranks.

Carlson is from Baylor and wide receiver Leonard Harris hails from Texas Tech.

Bengal QB back-up Donald Hollas made his mark as a Rice Owl and linebacker James Francis was Cincinnati's first round draft choice in 1990.

Two Bengal offensive lineman, Mike Arthur for the Aggies and Joe Walter for the Red Raiders, played against each other in the SWC.

Former SMU Mustang cornerback Rod Jones is entering his seventh year as a Bengal.

RAMONES SHAKE WITH MUSICAL QUAKE

by Manuel Esparza

The Ramones assaulted Austin Thursday night as they blitz their way across the country.

The primordial punks pounded Palmer Auditorium after Social Distortion finished ripping into the crowd.

Social D's half hour set, short by their standards, had a more subdued air than usual. Mike Ness' voice wavered, but his guitar was as crisp as always.

The abbreviated set was performed with attention on content and not showmanship. Coming back for one encore, the band introduced a new piece perfect for a Texas crowd - "I'm In love With My Cow."

A Ramones show is always a tumultuous experience. Each song is a brief intense burst of seismic waves. The crowd was pummeled as boulders of bass lines bounded around the venue.

Their playing speed gets faster every year and got faster throughout the show. Johnny's chainsaw chords and searing short riffs powered the frenetic crowd. He didn't jump around as he used to do, but he mesmerized the fans with his fast fretboard fingering.

Joey's voice sounded a little tired at times, but still had the verve to control the show. Wearing his leather jacket and red-lensed glasses, he stood center stage and effortlessly walloped his words.

It's amazing that the Ramones were able to replace Dee Dee (former bass player and singer) so effectively as quickly as they did. C.J. just brutalizes his bass, and he can sing. At least he sang well on "Warthog", which was Dee Dee's song.

Blasting old favorites and new cuts, the tightness of the band is incredible. The great rendition of "Chinese Rock" was one of the highlights of the show. Their ballad "Poison Heart", off <i>Mondo Bizzarro <p> was spiced up and sounded worlds better than the vinyl version.

Though only an hour long, the intensity of the Ramones made the show appear to last longer.

ACTOR FLIRTS WITH SKIRTS ON FOX'S HERMAN'S HEAD

by Sally Pouncy

When Hank Azaria first auditioned for a role on the FOX T.V. series, <i>Herman's Head<p>, he was told to prepare to read for both Herman and Jay. When he got to the audition, the casting director said to read for Jay, because she thought Azaria was not right for the lead character. He told her he had prepared for both characters and she was going to hear them both.

He still didn't get the lead.

Instead, he got the part of Jay Nichols, one of the slimiest, most blatant womanizers on prime-time T.V. In a recent interview, Azaria said he was not like Jay, but based his character on two major womanizing friends of his.

"Whenever I read the scripts I think to myself, 'How could anybody say this to a woman?' then I think of my two friends and say, 'O.K.,' " said Azaria.

The actor kept on insisting he is not like his character in real life, but then sheepishly admitted he and his buddy (one of the womanizers) went out to bars during the show's hiatus to "see what it was like doing that type of thing (womanizing)." Then he laughed and confessed to being shoved by a female in a bar for some incredibly obnoxious thing he said.

<i>What did you say?<p>

"I went up to a girl and asked her if she wanted to dance. She said, 'No.' So I said, 'Well I guess a shower is out of the question then.' "

It was like research, he said. He was kidding around and usually there was some alcohol involved.

<i>Some?<p>

"Well depending, you know, we would ... I never did it before, because I never had the nerve, but it was like seeing what it would be like to do it. A bunch of actors are like that," he replied semi-defensively.

He said, as an actor, he gets to do things he would normally never get to do. If he finds some justification for the character or whatever, he tries it, he added.

<i>Explain why you got into acting.<p>

"That is one big reason," he replied.

<i>Picking up women?<p>

"Not picking up women, it could be any kind of experience. You see actors on sets, with like stunts and stuff, do things they'd never do unless a camera was on, or unless they could justify it because their character would do it. A big reason I did get into acting was to be able to be different people," he replied.

He said he felt great when he got the role in <i>Herman's Head<p> because it was a job. It was the fifth pilot he had done in five years and the first to be picked up on a fall season.

"It is a great feeling when you get one job of every 20 or so auditions you go on. I used to ask my friends in college (he went to Tufts University in Boston) how they would feel interviewing five to 10 times per week, year after year. They hated doing it for a month out of school," said Azaria.

"When you finally get the job, you have auditioned for it five to six times over the course of a month, and getting it feels great," he said.

The audition process can be grueling for some actors -- the pressure, the time constraints and so on. Azaria said he had been to some bad auditions before, but never as bad as the one he went to for a show called <i>Videots<p>. "It was supposed to be a modern day Three Stooges type show. It never made it to the air," he explained.

"The guy showed up an hour late, then proceeded to order lunch while I was auditioning for him. He was sitting there munching on a bagel and ordering lunch paying no attention to my audition. He was a Tufts alumni so I thought he might treat me better. I was wrong," he said.

While attending Tufts, Azaria majored in psychology and wrote for the campus newspaper, "Deadlines were killing me," he said.

So Azaria knew what Jay did when the character was not trying to snag skirts. "He's a writer, so he gets that done. You see, no matter what he is doing that is the gag with the character. He is turning it (whatever he is doing) into a way to snag a woman."

On the show he said, "We haven't gotten too far into what his hobbies are. For that matter we haven't gotten too far into what he actually does."

Azaria said he looks at his character as a guy who tries to get out of as much work as possible. "He tries to slide around the system as much as he can. I imagine he does what a lot of these guys do that I base him on: He works only as much as he has to, watches a lot of sports and goes out drinking," he said.

And hits on a lot of women.