Groove To This
Maybe it's the fact that your vote really isn't going to affect the outcome. Maybe it's just spring semester blues. Or maybe it's the fact that the Grammys are nothing more than an overblown, self-congratulatory snooze-fest.
Whatever the reason, no one cared to submit their votes for Dance Recording and Remixer of the Year, both of which will be presented at tonight's Grammy awards show. If you read this column, you have to possess at least a smidgen of interest in dance music, but, alas, only one faithful reader presented me with his picks for who should win the awards.
With that in mind, I'll let you know what his picks were, along with a couple of insightful comments, after another look at who's up for the awards tonight:
Best Dance Recording
Daft Punk; Thomas Bangalter & Guy-Manual de Homem-Christo, producers
Track from: Homework
(Virgin Records America)
"Ooh Aah ... Just A Little Bit"
Gina G; Steve Rodway; producer
Track from: Fresh!
(Eternal/Warner Bros. Records)
"To Step Aside"
Pet Shop Boys; Bob Kraushaar, Chris Porter & Pet Shop Boys, producers
Track from: Bilingual
Quad City DJ's; C.C. Lemonhead, Jay "Ski" McGowan & Thrill Da Playa, producers
Track from: Space Jam: Music From And Inspired By The Motion Picture
(Warner Sunset/Atlantic Records)
Donna Summer & Giorgio Moroder; Giorgio Moroder, producer
Track from: NRG Unlimited 1 (Various Artists)
Remixer of the Year
- "Everything" (Classic Club) (Mary J. Blige)
- "I Don't Want To" (Franctified Club Mix) (Toni Braxton)
- "Never Gonna Give You Up" (Morning Mix) (Lisa Stansfield)
- "Never Miss The Water" (Sunday Mix) (Chaka Khan Featuring Me'Shell Ndege'Ocello)
- "Cosmic Girl" (Classic Mix/Cosmic Dub) (Jamiroquai)
- "Discotheque" (DM Deep Extended Club Mix) (U2)
- "Fly Away" (Album Version)