|Friday, September 3, 1999||
Volume 65, Issue 10
Minority test scores stay below average
|UH Crime Report
Cougar News Services
The following is a report of campus crime between Aug. 27 and Sept. 1. All information is selected from the files of the UH Police Department.
The time in italics represents the time the event was reported to UHPD.
Friday, Aug. 27
• Theft, 11:35 a.m., Lot 15D East: Complainant reported the theft of automobile wheel covers between 10 and 11 a.m.
Saturday, Aug. 28
• Theft, 12:45 p.m., Social Work Building bike rack: Complainant reported theft of bicycle and chain lock between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
• Auto theft, 2:29 p.m., Lot 9C: Complainant reported the theft of a motor vehicle between 1 and 1:30 p.m. Aug. 28.
Monday, Aug. 30
• Theft, 7:43 a.m., Fine Arts Building: Complainant reported personal tools stolen from company tool box between 3:15 p.m. Aug. 27 and 7:15 a.m. Aug. 30.
• Theft, 9 a.m., Bates Hall bike rack: Complainant reported theft of an unattended and unsecured bicycle between 8:30 p.m. Aug. 28 and 8:30 a.m. Aug. 29.
• Theft, 10:35 a.m., UC Food Court: Complainant reported theft of an unattended and unsecured CD face-plate attachment between 2 and 3 p.m. Aug. 26.
• Theft, 11:57 a.m., Bates Hall: Complainant reported the theft of a Cougar 1Card from an unsecured room between 3 and 6 p.m. Aug. 29.
• Theft, 6:22 p.m., Auditorium 2: Student a visitor arrested for theft of textbooks. Visitor was released without charges; student was issued a Student Life Referral.
• Theft of UH property, 7:05 p.m., Y-Building: Complainant reported theft of a DC power supply from a study room between 2:30 p.m. Aug. 26 and 3:45 p.m. Aug. 28.
Tuesday, Aug. 31
• Theft, 8:02 a.m., Communication Annex: Unknown persons damaged the exterior wall of building between 6 p.m. Aug. 30 and 7:30 a.m. Aug. 31.
• Burglary, 2:08 p.m., Lot 9C: Complainant reported theft of cellular telephone and parking permit from motor vehicle between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Aug. 30.
• Criminal mischief, 7:22 p.m., Lot 15D East: Complainant reported unknown persons damaged vehicle between 11:20 a.m. and 7:22 p.m. Aug. 31.
Wednesday, Sept. 1
• Theft, 12:56 p.m., Moody Towers lobby: Complainant reported theft of wallet and contents between 8:55 and 9:15 p.m. Aug. 29.
• Theft, 1:45 p.m., College of Technology: Complainant reported theft of unattended and unsecured wallet between 8:05 and 8:08 p.m. Aug. 31.
• Criminal mischief, 6:17 p.m., Lot 15D East: Complainant reported
unattended and secured vehicle damaged between 3:45 and 6 p.m. Sept. 1.
Send comments to